Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bad Lunch and a Stomach Bug

We have had some business we've been trying to get squared away since Monday.  It's caused me to have to be gone from the house a couple hours or so each day.  Yesterday, I had to be gone from 11:00 am until 5:30 pm.  Ugh.  Finally got things squared away, though.  I had to pick my husband up around noon yesterday and head out of town, so we needed to get lunch on the go.  I was thinking Subway, but he and the kids wanted Wendy's.  Well, I love Wendy's. It is my favorite fast food joint.  Didn't take much convincing for me to say okay.  I was in no mood for a salad or a burger sans bun, so I got the #1 combo with sweet tea.  When about a fourth of the burger was left, I just sorta looked at it.  I could definitely tell I'm not used to really eating a burger and fries anymore, and definitely not having all the sugar in sweet tea.  I started to ditch it, but for whatever reason I kept on eating.


As the day went on, I started feeling icky.  I just had this gross feeling in my stomach.  Blech.  I chalked it up to eating grease and sugar after not really doing so for 2 weeks.  When it was almost time to leave for church, I told my husband I really thought I was gonna vomit.  I still figured it was just from eating bad.  He left to run the van route, and I took our four kids on to church.


By the time I got there, I felt AWFUL.  There is a fouton in the Sunday School room.  I grabbed a trash can, a couple pillows, a blanket, and I flopped down.  I ended up staying there the whole service.  About halfway through the preaching, I threw up.  Ughhhhhh.  I felt like I was freezing to death and kept getting cold chills and had a major headache.


When I got home, I found out that I had a temp of 100.7.  I never did throw up again, but I have had other issues.  Not badly, though.  I only woke up once in the middle of the night.  I've been fever free since about 6:30 am.  I just recently got up and took a shower to feel better.  I've not been eating anything except about 4 saltine crackers and 1/4 cup of fat free sherbet twice now.  Definitely seems like I'm on the mend now, though, so that is good.  I know there is a stomach bug going around that is really bad and lasts several days.  Doesn't seem like that is gonna be the case. Whew!


It's gorgeous here today.  I think I will try to get some fresh air here in a bit.  I think that will help me even more.  Anyway, this is why I didn't post last night.  I was sick.  I ate an on-plan breakfast, a terrible lunch, and no supper at all!